Friday, February 5, 2016

2016/02/04 – I’m back

I wonder what the Guinness book record is for writer’s block.

I was just thinking that I have so many ways to connect with the outside world, a strong desire to share, but I really haven't been communicating.

I’m not sure what I think about Facebook anymore. The more “friends” I have, the harder it is to keep up with them on my timeline. And the more that some of my friends share about their religious and political views, the more I realize how different our ideologies are. 

I sometimes can’t help myself, and respond to their propaganda with retort, but in doing so become I the bad guy.

I recently replied to an old friend’s statement that the United States is a Christian nation, and by the time we finished arguing I probably insulted all my Christian and Republican friends and family. I wish there was a way to see how many of them are no longer following me.

Last week I erased my 14erWorld forum from the Internet. No one has questioned it yet, and I’m not sure if anyone will. Since I shut down the 14erWorld web site a few years ago, the forum had become a graveyard of memories, visited by a few people a week, mostly to copy old postings and reminisce. I guess I felt like I needed to clean out my Internet attic, and move on. My mountaineering slowly is becoming a distant memory.

Anyway to make a long boring story shorter and more interesting, I miss this blog because it has so many of my good pictures and stats.

At this point I’m not even sure that I will open it to the public. I may just wait until I’m sure that I will keep it up.

Later,

Steve

No comments: