Tuesday, February 9, 2016

2016/02/09 - Facebook, Hate, Discovered, New Hampshire, & American Idiots

Social sites like Facebook allow you to reconnect with long lost friends that went by the wayside. But after reconnecting with some of these old “friends”, you soon see exactly why they went by the wayside. I find this especially true for old girlfriends.  It doesn’t take long before I realize why we didn’t get along in the first place, and ironically now we get a chance to break up all over again.

I’m from New York City and we like to talk about things we hate. For instance… I hate dirty cars, TV commercials, bad happy hour food, speed bumps, Lou Dobbs, invitations to parties with instructions to bring something, phony grocery store clerk conversation, tailgaters, neighborhoods that use the same street name followed by “Lane”, ‘Street”, “Court”, etc, etc. It’s not uncommon for a conversation between two NYC guys to start with “You know what I hate?”

Although I’ve been blogging again for about a week, I didn’t go live on the air until yesterday.  I figured that nobody would know unless I told them, but alas I’ve been discovered by at least one friend. Now I’m feeling a little shy.

Today’s an important day for me. I’m really looking forward to the New Hampshire primary results. I’ve never been politically involved. I used to follow politics about as much as I follow team sports, but I think this is going to be the most important election of my lifetime, and I really should take it serious.

Maybe it’s because I grew up in the US during the Cold War when a nuclear attack was so likely that we had atom-bomb drills at school and our parents were building bomb shelters in the basement, that I’m not really too intimidated by today’s terrorist. I recently heard that here in the US you have 3,000 times more of a chance of getting killed by your fellow American gun owner, than you do by a terrorist. So call me crazy, but I’m more afraid of these home-grown all-American idiots and gangsters with assault-rifles than I am of terrorists.

Later,
Steve

No comments: