Friday, March 11, 2016

2016/03/11 - Life After Death, Insignificance, A Fine Line, Life After Blogger?, Mistress Advice

I’m not going to pretend to know what happens to us after death, but I really hope we get to keep watching. I’ve got a lot of time invested in this show.
…..

The older I get, the more I realize how insignificant I am in this universe. When I was a child, I was the center of the universe, but once I realized I was not, my dome of significance began to slowly shrink, until one day I realized that few people outside family really care what’s happening in the life of Steve.

This is why I prefer blogging to posting on Facebook. On Facebook I feel like I’m pushing Steve in your face until you can’t stand me anymore, whereas here you can visit and take as much Steve as you like, whenever you like.
…..

There’s a fine line between sharing and bragging, one that I fear I step over too often.
…..

I’m starting to rethink posting my photography on Blogger. God forbid Blogger goes away, I would lose my photography display, similar to what happened to all my trip reports when that asshole Hoffmeyer shut 14erWorld down.
.....

I heard about this letter in a podcast and was so happy to find it. It's a letter from Benjamin Franklin to a young man advising that, if he must choose a woman as a mistress, he should prefer old women to young women. Extremely good advice: http://www.swarthmore.edu/SocSci/bdorsey1/41docs/51-fra.html 

Later,
Steve

No comments: