Friday, April 8, 2016

2016/04/08 - Sock Hop, Organic Dogs, Bad Advice, Flat Loop

Heloisa's Sock Hop Outfit
Today was "Sock Hop" day at Heloisa's school. Here she is dressed in her 50's costume.

PS: She's been doing a lot of twirling with that polka dot dress.
.....

I’m getting ready to leave the house and redo yesterday’s 26-mile bike path loop. I plan to write more later, but before I go, a couple of thoughts:

I’m curious to see if there has been any major independent studies on longevity with an organic diet.

For example, I would like to see the results of a study where they had two groups of 100 dogs, one group given a strict organic diet, and the other a lifetime of Gravy Train and Alpo.

…..

We seem to be the most knowledgeable country in the world about diet, exercise, and nutrition, yet we are mostly overweight and unfit.

And in my own observation, it is usually the overweight & unfit that are most expert about the latest diet, nutrition, and exercise information.

I’ve lived my life by this code: “Never take weight-loss, nutrition, or exercise advice from someone who is fatter than me, or less fit.”
.....

I'm back from my ride:
I'm loving this ride! It's 26.1 miles long, but with only 600' of elevation gain! It's doesn't get much flatter than that.

And the beauty of it is that only one mile of it is on road. The rest is 20 miles of scenic bike path following creeks, and 4 miles of dirt trail alongside North Table Mountain.

Here's was an interesting picture that I took during my ride:

It's two trees completely full of big birds and bird nests, on a small island in the middle of a lake.

Reminds me of an Alfred Hitchcock movie.

Later,
Steve

No comments: