Thursday, April 28, 2016

2016/04/28 - Imaginary Conversations, Fortitude

I have some of the best conversations with family and friends when I'm all by myself.

That probably sounds crazy (and may very well be), but it's true. For example, I was excited to meet with my friend Tom this morning for breakfast and during my ride to Boulder I was thinking about all the things we could talk about and found myself having an imaginary conversation with Tom.

Funny thing is, the real conversations never turn out as well. 
.....

I'm trying to psych myself into going for a bike ride today, but so far it's not working.

It's cold (36 degrees), drizzling, and I could use a break after 11 straight days of riding.

On the other hand, the little voice of my cycling addiction whispers that it would actually be good for me to get out, if only to build grit and fortitude. 

What would Patton do?

PS: I didn't go. Patton is coming over to slap my face.


Later,
Steve

No comments: