Tuesday, May 10, 2016

2016/05/10 - More FB Bashing

If you have been following this blog, by now you are well aware that I have a real problem with Facebook and I can't seem to let it go.

After much contemplation, I’ve come to realize that my desire to share far exceeds most of my Facebook friend’s desire to follow me.

And that's totally understandable. The majority of them are friends from the past, old school friends, friends from the hood, or old work-friends.

The initial reconnect is fun, but they don’t want to be bombarded with my day-to-day nonsense. Most of them are just happy to know that I’m still alive, where I’m living nowadays, and want to see a picture showing how old I’ve gotten.

For most in this group, we stopped communicating years ago for various innocent reasons, well before Facebook, and most likely would never have contacted each other again. And that’s normal! People grow apart.

Sure it’s great to say “Hi” to these people after all these years, but they’re not at all interested in my daily bullshit and I don’t want to force them to get so annoyed with it, that they have to physically click on a button to un-follow me. That hurts.


So that’s the main reason why I like blogging better. It’s more like “Steve On-Demand”. You can follow as seldom or as often as you like, whenever you like.

Later,
Steve

No comments: