Sunday, October 30, 2016

2016/10/30 - Justified

For almost a year now I've been wanting a new bike, and for three days now I've been trying to write a justification to post here on my blog. 

Unfortunately each time I read my justification, I realize I can't even convince myself of my need for a new bike.

But the key word here is "new". I have 4 bikes that are well maintained by most cyclist's standards, but I really only like to ride two of them. 

Both are over 6 years old and have very high mileage by anybody's standards, and I feel like each is just one ride away from something else breaking. 

Just click on the link to my 2016 cycling stats on the right hand side of this page, and you'll see that I ride a lot. 

So having a new bike that I can ride for a year or so without having to replace anything but chains and break pads sounds wonderful. 

Humm... that sounds like my latest justification.

Screw it, I don't care what you think, I just bought a new Specialized carbon 29er. 

They say the key to happiness is to always have something to look forward to. My bike comes in in two weeks!

Later,
Steve

No comments: