Tuesday, November 28, 2017

3017/11/27 - Jealousy

As I mentioned in a previous post, my wife Val’s ex has become one of my best friends. And the fact that Zeh and I can be friends without any jealousy has worked out well over the 6 years that I’ve known Val. 

Even early in the relationship I remember overhearing Heloisa at age six telling her friends at school “I have two daddys!’ That melted my heart. 

Anyway I’ve always seen Zeh as Heloisa’s father, rather than Val’s ex-husband, and he has proven to be an excellent dad, and does his share of parenting. It’s really nice to have the help and we have become one happy family. 

I often think that if my father wasn’t such a jealous man, he would have been proud of me. 

I remember after returning from a successful climb of Denali, we showed my parents a slide show. As they were leaving my house, my dad leaned into my ear, and instead of giving congratulations, he said “l owe you for this. Next time you come over our house, I’m going to make you sit through two hours of golf slides.”

No comments: