Wednesday, March 20, 2019

2019/03/20 - Big Day

My day started out with my iPad not opening. I've had this problem before, but I was always able to eventually open it. I also know figured out that it happened every time I let it charge overnight, so I stopped  doing that. I knew there was  a problem, but I found a workaround. I don't like driving to Apple in Boulder. 

Then I got a notification saying that I had to bring mom to Kaiser at 11:00 AM.

I made an appointment to fix the iPad with an Apple "genius" in Boulder at 1:25 PM, so from 10:30 AM to almost 3:00 PM, I was busy with these two chores.

Turns out my iPad battery was fried, and they gave me a brand new replacement for $99! I was elated!

The doctor's appointment did not go as well. Mom’s kidney function was a little worse than the last visit. But that's not unusual, in the past it had gone up and down. 

Instead of just saying "We want to monitor your kidney function. We should check it every 3 months", she told her that if it get's much worse she would have to go on dialyses or die a painless death in her sleep, and asked her what she would prefer.

Mom was in no condition to respond. At this point she was crying and shaking. The doctor tried to calm her without success.

I told her not to worry, that if it stays the same, she would be ok for the rest of her life (and to drink plenty of water).

Then I went for a bike ride and had to abort because of bike problem which I will figure out tomorrow.

Later,
Steve

No comments: