Tuesday, April 30, 2019

2019/04/30 - I’m a Yankee

Many years ago I was on a business trip to San Antonio Texas to tutor Microsoft Access to one of the branch office employees. His name was Durwood and he was a very friendly guy. 

In general, the office treated me like a king for the week I was there. They picked me up at the airport, gave me a company car, and took me out to eat every day with the entire small office attending. 

Durwood took about 6 breaks a day to go out the back door and smoke cigarettes. I didn’t smoke at the time, but I would join him for good conversation. During the week I was there, I really felt I had made a bond with Durwood. 

But when it was time to say goodby, he said “Steve, your a pretty good guy, but you know you’re a Yankee.” 

I thought he was kidding, but when I look into his eyes, a realized he was dead serious. 


1 comment:

Jeff Valliere said...

Hmmmm..... I see you as more of a New Yohhkah.