Thursday, January 2, 2020

2020/01/02 - My Pipe Dreams Just Might Come True

Are you familiar with Ralph Cramden from The Honeymooners? He always had these get-rich-quick schemes. Sometimes I think I modeled myself after him.

Last Monday morning I was all set to hit the road selling my pipes. I had prepared a beautiful display case loaded with my best looking pipes, and mapped out 13 cannabis dispensaries in Boulder.

I had spent most of the previous week in preparation.

But when the time came, I couldn’t pry myself out of the house. Truth is I’d rather get a root canal than sell face-to-face. And I had to admit to myself that sales is a skill set that I don’t have.

So I got on Craigslist and bought an ad looking for a salesperson. Within 30 minutes I got an answer from the perfect candidate. In fact after reading her resume, I took my ad off of Craigslist. She’s the one.

She’s a retired senior like me, and looking to keep busy. She has vast experience in the cannabis industry. She knows the business and has good connections.

She scheduled a meeting next week with the buyer for 20 stores. If he likes my pipes he will try them in one store. If they sell well, he will order enough for all his stores.

Today I registered a Limited Liability Company, got a company email address, domain name, and business cards. 

All this make for some good pipe dreaming!

The basic “RetroPipe”:



The “Swivel-Lid Pipe”:





No comments: