Saturday, March 5, 2016

2016/03/05 – Lost Pictures, Keith Richards, Bicycle Update

I spent a few hours on Thursday, posting some more pictures here on my blog. I finished the Black and White section and I added another 40 pictures to the Colorado Mountains section.

Anyway, yesterday morning I went to look at them and found almost half the pictures in all the sections were missing! I Googled the problem to find that it’s not uncommon, but there didn’t seem to be a solution that worked for me.

I didn’t panic. After looking at the addresses that blogger assigns to the pictures I realized that they are probably spread across many different servers and if any of them were down, that would cause the pictures to be missing.

Sure enough, this morning they were back.
…..

I was listening to a podcast with Mark Maron interviewing Keith Richards recently. One funny story Keith told was when he was at his 92 year-old mother’s deathbed. She said: “Keith! This morphine ain’t so bad!” and Keith replied, “I’ve been telling you that Mom” and they laughed together.

While I was riding my bike today I thought about how strange it would be to have Keith Richards at your deathbed. You would know that "this is it". It would be like the Grim Reaper coming to visit.
.....

I finally brought my fat bike in for repair. All it really needed was a gear adjustment. It was so out of whack that I could only get into three gears. Luckily one of the was the easiest gear, so I could still get up NTM.

I was surprised that the bike mechanic was able to help me while I waited and since he wasn't busy, I came back with my 29er. I needed new rear break pads and while trying to replace them myself I broke the derailer mount. At that point I couldn't even figure out how it went back together, so it was time to hand the dangling mess over to a pro.

The mechanic laughed and said that he'd never seen brake pads worn down so bad. I had not only worn them down to metal, but I also wore out the little clip that holds them together. 

The bad news was I also heated the brake so bad that it was welded shut. Time for a new rear brake!
.....

During my ride this morning I past by a section along Coal Creek that was dedicated to panning for gold. This could be right up my alley.





Later,
Steve

No comments: