Monday, March 21, 2016

2016/03/20 - The Revenant, Popcorn, Spotlight

I went to see The Revenant today with Ze. I’m not sure what I was expecting, as the name didn't give much away to me. I did know there was a crazy bear attack scene, that Leonardo was in it, and it won some academy awards.

I found it a little hard to tell who were the good guys and bad guys, and who were the good Indians and bad Indians, but otherwise the survival and revenge plot was easy to follow, but not exactly believable.

While watching the movie, I couldn’t help but think that only a couple of hundred years ago, this is what men were like in the wild west, and for a lot of us today, these are our ancestors.
.....

It’s been a long while since I’ve purchased popcorn at a theater and was shocked by the price. It cost us $29.50 for 2 medium popcorns and 2 medium Cokes. That's just not right.
…..

I also rented Spotlight for $4.99 at iTunes last week, and watched it on my smart TV. After hearing an excellent podcast review of the movie, I was really looking forward to seeing it, but was hugely disappointed.

While I thought that the story was good and an important story to tell, I didn't get much more from the movie version, than I did the podcast review.

But mostly I found it very hard to watch Mark Ruffalo, and I actually had to take a long break before finishing it. There were so many scenes where his twitching and overacting were actually starting to annoy me.

Funny thing was, I want on to Google afterwards to see if other people were having this sickening reaction to Mark Ruffalo, only to find that he won an academy award for the part. Go figure. 

The moral of this post is that you should never take movie advice from me.

Later,
Steve

No comments: