Sunday, April 17, 2016

2014/04/17 - It's snow use, Is that a bear?, The Bomb

Welcome to Colorado!

This is what I woke to this morning, and it's still coming down!

It is hard to believe that only a few days ago we were enjoying a long stretch of temps in the 70's.

Something tells me that my exercise for today will be shoveling snow.

As my dad would say: "It's snow use!"
.....


Many years ago I tacked this marmot picture to my cubical wall at work.

I remember one day a co-worker asked me "Is that a bear?"










And finally, "The Bomb".

This was one of my first creative pictures that I did in my home darkroom. 

It's actually an image taken by scanning a B&W print of a negative of an overexposed color slide. 

I love the shadows of the pigeons.

Photography has come a long way since I took up the hobby in 1982.

My guess is that most young people nowadays don't know what negatives, slides, or darkrooms are.

Later,
Steve

No comments: