Saturday, April 16, 2016

2016/04/16 - Room for Expansion, I'm turning Japanese, Sangre De Cristo shots

About five years ago when I moved to Golden, I bought a nice KitchenAid knife set, that came with one of those chopping blocks with slots to insert the knives.

It was a packaging nightmare. Each individual knife was wrapped for child safety, making them very difficult for me to unwrap. :-)

When I was finally finished unwrapping all the knives and fitting them into the appropriate slots in the chopping block, I was left with a huge pile of torn heavy brown paper and thick clear tape.

I was also left with ONE empty slot.

I went crazy searching through the box and paper chaos looking for the missing knife, all the while wondering how I could possibly return this mess to Target.

Finally I decided to look on the box for help, and sure enough, a little asterisk prefixing tiny letters read the words “Room for Expansion”.

I had to laugh aloud, thinking about the Madison Avenue genius who thought of this as a way to cut costs, meanwhile spinning the missing knife as a "good thing".


I wondered if the next new-and-improved model would offer TWO empty slots for expansion?
.....

Did you know that Asian men in the US on average make 13% more than white men?
.....


Have you visited the Sangre De Cristo Mountain Range in Southern Colorado? 

Here's some shots I took in the winter of 1992 from a small plane with 3 friends.



Later,
Steve

No comments: