Saturday, April 23, 2016

2016/04/23 - Snakes!, Are You Smarter Than An 11-Year Old?

I saw this nice size bullsnake alongside the bike path this morning.

Bullsnakes are commonly mistaken for rattlesnakes, but they are not poisonous.

Here's an excellent YouTube video showing the difference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFcQSA3bgvk
.....

I gave this real-life problem to Heloisa this morning:  

Steve was using a new floor cleaner to clean the kitchen floor this morning.

It was product that you have to mix with water before using.

The mixture called for ¼ cup of floor cleaner per gallon of water.

Steve didn’t want to make a whole gallon; he just wanted enough of the mixture to fill a 25 fluid ounce container.

How many teaspoons of floor cleaner did Steve have to use?

Are you smarter than an 11 year old? Email me with your answer. My email address is in my profile (see "View my complete profile" in the right-hand column on this page).

Later,
Steve

No comments: