Sunday, April 24, 2016

2016/04/24 - Horace and Pete Initial Review

Last night I watched the first episode of Horace and Pete.

I loved the format. It’s more like theatre than TV, or like watching a play on stage.

I thought that the acting was outstanding, the dialog brilliant, and the story line compelling.

I also found it to be slightly depressing, definitely not comedy, and not a feel-good first episode. 

Then on my bike ride this morning, I decided to listen to the Mark Maron interview with Louis C.K. again, and this time it was much more meaningful now that I saw the first episode.

I thought it was funny that Mark Maron called it more of a tragedy than a comedy and Louis himself admitted that it was the opposite of up-lifting, that it was down-pushing.

Oddly though, I found myself thinking about the story all day long, and wanting to know more.


I wound up watching the second episode a little while ago and now I'm hooked. 

Later,
Steve

No comments: