Wednesday, May 18, 2016

2016/05/18 - Translate, I Got Goosed!, Finding Beauty

It turns out the the "Translate" feature, located at the bottom of the right-hand column of this page, doesn't work that well according to my wife Valeria.

She said that it translates word-for-word English to Portuguese, but when you string the translated words together in a sentence, it doesn't always makes sense.

Too bad, I was hoping my new friends and family in Brazil could read my blog in Portuguese.
.....


While riding my bicycle yesterday, I passed a family of geese, consisting of 2 large adults and 3 cute little babies. 

I guess I rode by too close, because one of the adults attacked me. It flew directly into my head, bashing me with one of its wings.

Alas, another good reason for wearing a bike helmet!

I took a hit, didn't get hurt, but learned a good lesson. 

This morning I passed by the same family, but this time I gave them the right-of-way and eventually they got off the trail.

Phew... A close call. 

So take it from me; Bike riding can be dangerous. But as I tell my step-daughter Heloisa: "Danger is my middle name!" :-)
.....

I once looked through a coffee table book, with color photos done by a photographer that stayed at a beach house at Cape Cod for a summer. All of his pictures were taken on his porch, or in the yard, or inside the small house, and they were all absolutely beautiful.

It's hard to explain, but it wasn't about content as much as it was about color, shapes, shadows, angles, perspective, and lighting.

It showed that you don't have to travel far to find beauty, you just have to look closely.

Later,
Steve

No comments: