Monday, April 8, 2019

2019/04/08 - Billie

Sometime after about 6 months I started to question Billie’s pedigree. I have the pedigree papers and I paid the pedigree price, but she hasn’t grown up to be a typical Chocolate Lab. 

First off she has this ridge of hair running down her snout. I’ve never seen this in any pictures of Labs. Secondly she has some wavy thick hair on her lower back. My other 2 labs didn’t have this. Lastly she only grew to 55 pounds. My first lab grew to 140 pounds and Trixie weighs about 120 pounds (although she doesn’t let the vet weigh her).

I found that they have dog DNA tests to identify breeds. I want to buy one for Billie and one for Trixie. Val doesn’t want to know, although she ageees with me that Billie is a “fake Lab”. She also loves Billie to death, as do I. 

Billie also has a different personality than my other two labs. 

I just want to know. If she a mix, that’s ok. That’s cool. 

No comments: