Friday, April 26, 2019

Q019/04/26 - Drinking Windex

I couple of months ago we had the kitchen floor refinished. The guy who did the work said that all we needed do to maintain the new floor was to wash it with a water and vinegar  mixture. 

I clean the kitchen every Saturday morning. 

The first Saturday morning with the new floor, I searched for a spray container to hold the vineger/water mix. I came across a half bottle of Windex. I knew that I had a spare bottle of Windex in the pantry, so I decided to pour the contents of the half bottle of Windex into something else.

I chose an empty plastic Perrier bottle. 

I can only surmise this, but I must have later mistaken this bottle for a real bottle of Perrier and put it in the fridge. 

My two dogs wake me in the middle of the night to go out and pee at least two times a week. I’ve gotten used to it, and while I’m waiting for them to come back into the house, I’ll take advantage of this time to go pee myself. 

Last night while waiting for the dogs to do their thing, I was thirsty and wanted to get the sleep taste out of my mouth. I searched the fridge for something to drink. 

When I spotted the Perrier bottle I was elated and took a big gulp. 

Yuck!!! What was that? I spit what was left in my mouth into the sink and saw it was blue. It tasted like ammonia, and had a familiar smell. I had no idea what it was. 

It took a while to get that taste out of my mouth, and while falling back to sleep, I wondered if I was going to get sick and possibly wind up in the emergency room. 

It wasn’t until morning that I figured it all out. 

2 comments:

Jeff Valliere said...

Reminds me of the time I mistakenly took a gulp of windshield washer fluid from the Gatorade bottle I kept in my car while driving to La Plata. Oops.

Steven Hoffmeyer said...

That’s funny. I hope you weren’t driving at the time.
I’ve never tasted windshield washer fluid, but I’ll bet it tastes similar to Windex.