Saturday, January 18, 2020

2020/01/18 - Who let the dogs out!

This morning, after feeding our two labs breakfast, Billie (our chocolate lab) went to the backyard door asking to be let out.

Meanwhile I was doing my budgeting and reading the news.

About 45 minutes later Trixie (our yellow lab) came out of the garage (she likes to take a short nap on the cold concrete after breakfast) also asking go out into the back yard.

Now that both dogs were outside, I started playing a game of chess.

Somewhere during my game I heard a distant barking. It sounded like my dogs, but way too far away.

Curious... I opened the door to the back yard and started calling them, but they were gone!

We had a tremendous wind storm last night that blew the covers off our outdoor grill and furniture, and also a small portion of my backyard fence.

The dogs were gone. Luckily it was just turning to dawn, so there wasn’t any traffic in the street.

When I finally found them, they were down the street, barking at someone’s Christmas blow-up Santa flapping in the wind. 

When I eventually got them back in the house, they were so excited from their adventure I actually had to separate them to calm them down.

A taste of Freedom!

No comments: