Wednesday, January 22, 2020

2020/01/22 - The Pipe Line

Today was a very busy day. 


I had to deliver 40 Swivel-Lid pipes to my new customer in North Denver. 

I hate to drive and this round-trip took 90 minutes. 

I had the 40 pipes ready, but only 2 of the fancy hardwood displays which were supposed to go free to customers on their first order. But they were ordering one for each of 4 stores, so I understood their wanting 4 displays. Besides, I want to present my pipes in the best light possible. 

But that meant making 2 more fancy displays before leaving the house at 12:15 PM to make my 1:00 PM meeting. 

I waited until 8:00 PM to start, so as not to make too much noise with my table saw before I heard other competitive noises outside.  

Taking a few breaks for chess and other necessities, I wound up rushing to get done in time to leave!

I took a long-cut so as to avoid highways and got there 10 minutes beforehand to wait in the car and check out the location. 

Unfortunately I didn’t get a chance to look inside the store. The waiting room was packed, and my contact came right out to meet me and we sat outside at a picnic table. She was young enough to to be my grand-daughter and had all necessary piercings, tattoos, and hair colors required for her age and position. She was actually very pretty, but at my age, youth itself is beautiful. 

Obviously she knew little about the transaction except her instructions to meet me for 40 pipes. She asked if I was paid, I say yes by PayPal this morning. She asked how much they were each. I told her $5. She immediately doubled it for a $10 retail price. 

I’m anxious to see how they do. She said that she thinks they will sell good and they will be reordering soon. 

To be continued...

No comments: