Sunday, February 14, 2016

2016/02/14 – More Facebook Bashing, Cookie Zero

The Facebook paradigm for social communication is unsettling for me, to say the least.

Each morning I look at all my “friend’s” new postings on Facebook & “like” those that I like. 

I have about a dozen friends who do the same.

Unfortunately I have about 100 friends that never, ever “like” anything I post. It make me wonder if they really don’t like anything I say, or they just ignore me, or worse have “un-followed” me.

But I give them the benefit of the doubt by saying that they probably don’t use Facebook that often, or have so many friends that they can’t keep up with everybody, or they just want to be semi-anonymous and use Facebook “read-only”.

I like blogging better. For me, blogging is like radio. If you like my station, please come back and listen any time. If you want to tell me that you like it, email me, call me, or tell me the next time we get together.

I’m just talking here and have no idea who, or if anybody’s, listening. But if they are, it’s their choice, not like FB where you are pushing your stuff on to your friend’s newspaper, possibly annoying them by putting too much stuff, too often, or not the right stuff. 

In contrast to radio, Facebook is like a stand-up comedy, where you wind up tailoring your act to your audience’s laughter.
…..

I got another zero yesterday for the cookie business. Today I’m going to look at Google maps and see how much my delivery travel would increase by catering to some of the neighboring communities.

Later,
Steve

No comments: