Monday, February 15, 2016

2016/02/15 – Holding Back, Wind

I love riding my bicycles. It’s the best part of my day and within hours after my ride; I’m already looking forward to tomorrow’s ride.

I actually have to hold back from going out for a second ride. When I was younger this was no problem, but I’ve found out the hard way that nowadays my body needs the full 24 hours to recover from even a relatively easy ride. Anything sooner opens the door to injury.

If I ride in the morning and go out again in the afternoon, I’m asking my old muscles to work at a time that they have gotten used to recovering. Then if I go out again the next morning, I’m repeating the mistake.
…..

I don’t mind riding in extreme heat or cold, but I hate very windy days like today. It might just be a good day to take a break and bake free cookies for the neighbors.

Later,
Steve

No comments: