Tuesday, February 23, 2016

2016/02/23 - Matterhorn Trivia, No Cookies, Giants of History

Did you know that Theodore Roosevelt summited The Matterhorn?

Yes, considered by experts to be one of the most difficult and dangerous mountain climbs, Theodore Roosevelt stood on top of The Matterhorn on August 5th 1881, only 15 years after its 1st ascent.

This was a major accomplishment during in an era when climbing equipment was primitive.

To date over 500 climbers have died climbing this famous peak.
….

I didn’t mention my cookie business yesterday because I’m trying to forget about another weekend with zero orders. I’m not sure what I’m going to do at this point.
…..

Are you interested in American history? I just finished a 9 episode podcast on Theodore Roosevelt. Check it out in “Giants of History” on iTunes.


Later,
Steve,

No comments: