Tuesday, May 3, 2016

2016/05/03 - Can't let it go

One of the podcasts that I listen to (NPR Politics) has a section where the speakers go around the table saying something that they just can’t let go of.

I can’t let go of the Horace and Pete show. I bought the $31 series mainly in support of Louis C.K., and now I’m sorry.

It’s not that I don’t enjoy a good tragedy (that sounds funny, but you know what I mean), but I like a good ending, or an ending with some hope. Louis’ story has neither. It’s just some good actors acting out a depressing series of stories.

Thanks Louis for filling my head with this sad, depressing story. 


Many comedians are known to have dark sides and once that side is seen, it’s hard to look past it. For me this is true for Jerry Louis, Andy Kaufman, Michael Richards (aka “Kramer”), Bill Cosby, and now it’s going to be hard for me not to see Louis C.K. as anything but this depressing miserable  person.

Later,
Steve

No comments: