Thursday, January 16, 2020

2020/01/13 - “The Pipe Line”

I took a steep fall on Friday afternoon on my roller-coaster ride of a pipe business. I hate the feeling that this is just another one of ”Stevo’s Foleys.”

But... It was a Friday afternoon, and that’s still a good thing in my life. It’s “dinners out“ with Val and sometimes friends, and a weekend of crafting together in the garage. 

But things all came crashing down this Monday morning as I got back to my spiraling-down life adventure. 

In the afternoon, I met my sales-person to pick up the 50 pipes that I had given her sell. I was disappointed that she gave up so easily but I’ve come to suspect that she was banking on her contact with the 20 stores, and that would have been quick and easy money for her. 

She also made a comment that the market is getting flooded with cheep Chinese versions of my pipe. I think that’s bullshit. 

But the day wasn’t a total loss. I visited the one store that is currently selling my pipes, and they ordered 30 more. And the manager was full of complements on my pipes and was impressed with my new packaging. 

I also tried something different with my store contact. Up until now I’ve been dealing with one on the budtenders. The problem with that is that I’m on a line of customers, and don’t want to hold up the line with my sales pitches. So my conversations have been short and unsatisfying.

So I decided to try and call the manager directly. To my surprise he took my call and I was able to arrange a meeting with him the same day.

He loves my pipes. He’s a kid in his 30’s and said that all of his father’s friends had a pipe like these at one time. 

He took his sweet time choosing which packages of 10, saying ‘Im looking for one I like best for myself!” And then added “And I already have one!”

Anyway This gave me new hope and I plan to place another ad on Craigslist Sunday, looking for a new salesperson. 




No comments: